Oatmeal Cookies with a little sumin sumin


I've always wanted to try making my own oatmeal cookies - though in the Netherlands I don't have an oven so I cannot bake things. I love oats, I have them for breakfast very often, but never have I made my own oatmeal cookies. I hit google search and with the help of +Allrecipes.com I was able to invent oatmeal cookies with additives I like.


Just to remind you I am on a low calories diet and to cut back in calories I don't use a lot of sugar. So I used 1/2 a cup of sugar and 1/2 a cup of maple syrup which was inspired by some other light cookies on +Yummly to sweeten my cookies. Also oatmeal cookies are supposed to be made with butter, but I used coconut oil instead of the butter.

This recipe made 15 cookies
You will need
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of rolled oats
2/3 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup of shredded (baby) carrots
1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of sugar (white)
1/2 cup of coconut oil

Pre-heat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C

First mix the shredded carrots with the ginger, salt and baking powder


Add the coconut oil, chopped walnuts, maple syrup and sugar to this mixture and mix it all together


Add the all purpose flour and the rolled oats to this mixture


Mix well! This mixture will be stiff, so you can mix it with your hands.
Use parchment paper to make the cookies. Use about one table spoon for one cookie. Add the tablespoon of mixture to the parchment paper and press it flat with a fork or with the same spoon


Place them about 1/3 of the oven (from above)


These cookies are good, they have a little bit of spicy flavor because of the ginger.
Enjoy!

Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment