Welcome...

First, Thanks for reading my blog!
I have decided to write about the skin (cutis), since the skin is the biggest organ and the only organ which can influence our self-confidence (note: the brains are our self-confidence). This blog will be mainly about the skin, troubled skin, normal skin, dry skin, happy skin :D. Also I will give hints and tips with make-up and beauty products.
I wish this blog to be very interactive, so please send me emails or post comments whenever you have a question or something to add.

A short lesson about the skin:
The skin is build of 2 layers; the epidermis and the dermis, which forms the cutis (note the name of the blog!). The epidermis is the outermost layer of the skin and forms the protective barrier over the body surface. The dermis is the skin layer underneath the epidermis. It contains a lot of important biological systems like mechanorecptors for touch, pain, heat and cold detection, vessels for blood transport, hair follicles, sweat glands etc.

Who am I?
My name is Kady, pleased to meet you!
Since I can remember I have always had skin problems. Constant visits at the dermatologist, a new treatment every 6 months, dozens of creams. Yes I do know how painful and difficult it can be if your skin is not as flawless, soft and clear as one would wish. So my interest in the skin grew.
I am currently a pharmacy student and hope to graduate by the end of this year. If it's something a pharmacist knows of course it's medicine, and second how to prepare creams and dermatics for therapeutic use. Being a pharmacy students broadened my knowledge about the skin and my knowledge about how to treat the skin. So I thought why not share it with the you...
Simple steps and changes in live and habits can bring major advantages to your skin. So please keep reading and following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment